3002 Synonyms For Goodbye: The Love letter

3002 Synonyms For Goodbye

It was October around 3am. I took a look at every poem I had ever written for this boy and I thought I don't want these.

But they were so beautiful and personal and he had never seen them either. So I thought what if I gave them to him. A farewell gift. At that time I had copied 3/4 preexisting poems into a word document. Immediately I wrote 3 more. A few days after that, the poems just kept coming to me, everything I wanted to say. Everything I felt. Issues I needed reviewed and didn't quite understand myself. I even included some lyrics that reminded me of him and expressed how I felt as well. The original document had exactly 3002 words on the dot. When I reached that mark, I paused, named the document and turned the file into a pdf and decided to sleep on the idea of printing and sending the letter by mail.

Surprisingly, no one has really ever asked me why 3002 was the number I chose. But here's the reason anyway;
the year is 2019, a couple months after the most recent Avenger's movie dropped. Everyone is expressing their love for their significant other with the words spoken by Tony Stark's only child "I love you 3000". He had used this one on me many times. I used to always say a regular "I love you more/most"  but one day I threw back an "I love you 3002". And in a humorous over dramatic manner just the addition of loving someone 3000 times PLUS 2 was a grand gesture. So it become our thing and that's where the number comes from.

If you're wondering why the publication ended up only being 8 Poems, it's because the others were way too personal. So I chose the ones that I wanted people to read for their enjoyment. where I felt that from a writer's perspective, they were a very creative and excellent use of the English language. Some were even edited for emphasis and performance purposes because it just sounded better.

Above anything, I would like people to understand that some of the topics I speak about in this book are very explicit. Some of the events didn't necessarily occur but the poem is more of an expression of my fears of what could happen should me and said individual find ourselves in a certain situation. In the original this was explained and the person the letter was addressed to understood any and all references. It was unnecessary to include it in the collection.

If anyone is wondering, I didn't mail it. Instead we met for coffee
and I gave it to him personally.

Comments

  1. I AM IN LOVE ALREADY😭😭😭😭
    DAMN!!!?? Baby this is so good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you feedback. I appreciate it so much

      Delete

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this? Let me know!

Popular posts from this blog

ILY - A Poem

Little Girl Blue: A Sad Poem