Joy Is Found In purpose: My quarantine story

Creativity from adversity

The nationwide lock-down has had in it, some unexpected turns in my life, some that I've yet to share. My thoughts and some of the experiences I've had. I've spoken about the journey of the creative before and have even written a poem about it, which I hope to share with you at the end of this week. It is the very theme of this blog. The story of the poet, the singer and the painter. That we find beauty in our struggles. We create from our life experiences and whatever we witness in our day to day.
My journey as a creative begun as a mere observer. I used to write about other people's experiences. My first novel was inspired by a song I heard once, a number of my poems are inspired by scenes from movies and celebrity interviews or simply from clouds I saw once on a cloudy day that presented themselves as a well curated metaphor that I just had to out down on paper. However my writing style has begun to change I no longer simply write from the creative spectator but since I am allowing myself to live my own life and actually be an individual I have brought my voice into my work. My stories are now a literary representation of events that occur in my own life. My poetry is based on my thoughts and emotions and every so often I dip back into the voice of those around me because I like switching perspectives. 
  Allowing my voice to be in my work has freed me from the fear of saying the wrong thing because I'm no longer representing the voice of the masses. It's my voice and only I can tell my story as accurately as it can ever be told. I don't think I've ever been as happy as I am now and I accredit that to one thing and one - honesty. Honesty in speech, honesty in feeling and in living. This honesty is represented in everything I produce, every project I'm working on and have yet to present, the conversations I have and most especially in my most recent collection: Little Girl Blue. 
I have been writing so much and have found so much purpose in that this time spent at home living with, speaking and connecting with the people I admire has brought out so much good out of me and that is something I am so grateful for.


Thank you for reading. As always I'll ask you to leave a comment below; maybe tell me if you have anything that you are grateful for that was brought forth by the quarantine. 
Check out  my newest publication Little Girl Blue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILY - A Poem

3002 Synonyms For Goodbye: The Love letter

Little Girl Blue: A Sad Poem