The Very First Poem I Ever Published...And other news!

POEM 1

She told me it was worth it, that I should go ahead 
Told me to give all my heart 
Then she took it all away 
She sent her daughter, Love to come mingle inside me 
Made me break every rule then threw me out at sea

I stood there on a cliff that had two ends to its name 
Forced to choose, I chose my life 
I would be happier this way

Now out at sea, I worry about the one I left on the cliff 
I pray he won't jump after me for surely he will not live
I pray that remembers that the love we shared was real 
That I would have made it last forever and ever if only it was Her will

I won't curse Fate's children
For all the pain they have caused
Because they hold my future and could keep me from my man 
But maybe it's not the end,
Maybe they'll bring us together some day maybe that's the plan.


...

Thank you for your support on this blog. I appreciate it more than you will ever know. This weekend there are few announcements. The first one is that there won't be a blog post this coming Monday yet again. I apologize. I am currently working very hard on new content. Do follow my instagram for more updates : @RueCritic72

Secondly, I do have an upcoming Youtube channel that will work hand in hand with this blog. Its first video is dropping really really soon so keep an eye on that. If you'd like to support me and subscribe to that asap here's the link so you'll know when I release the videos:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdwgo5eBoDXJFoPoiTekzA

The next announcement is the The Thoughts That Shatter me collection will be going live on Kindle Unlimited really really soon. I am currently brushing up with the editing. This book did incredibly well on Wattpad and I am so excited to be re-releasing it with Kindle! So if you hadn't read it yet, now is your chance.

Lastly but never least, Little Girl Blue is still available for purchase in all online stores. I recently discovered that the shipping fee for my South African readers is a little out of the reasonable price range for a paperback chapbook. I am working on getting affordable printed copies to the African shores ASAP. 

Thank you again for reading my work thus far. Your feedback is so encouraging. I appreciate all of you. xx RB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILY - A Poem

3002 Synonyms For Goodbye: The Love letter

Little Girl Blue: A Sad Poem