Run from 3002 Synonyms for Goodbye

He keeps warning me of the bad person he is
Reminds himself of the times he’s been selfish
Of the hearts he’s broken
And the dried up wound he once gnawed open just to sprinkle salt over it so it could burn again

Tells me,
To be careful
Reminds me to buckle up
Or perhaps run away before the pain gets too much for me to handle
What he doesn’t know
Is I’m worse

I am the hurricane without cold front
The man flu without the first shiver
The shark bite without the fin above the water
The cancer without the lump

I come like a wild fire
Refusing to be tamed
Inside me is a hungry lioness that only eats your pain
And when she bites she opens up her heart so freely
You think its Love-It looks like freedom
You get blinded by the magnificence you forget you’re looking at sharp teeth
And an empty stomach

When she feeds
She feeds selfishly, leftovers are for the broken
She will never be broken
But in the end someone has to be
So maybe this time it just might be him

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILY - A Poem

3002 Synonyms For Goodbye: The Love letter

Little Girl Blue: A Sad Poem