Little Girl Blue: The process



I often like to tell people that most of my poetry just comes to me...

 And after some years of stocking up on poetry collection after poetry collection I don't think I'll reach the level of pressuring myself to write something new for publishing purposes. I have so much in store for my readers that it's literally me just giving you guys a chance to breathe after every publication.

Little girl Blue is one that couldn't wait. I remember sitting with a friend of mine one day going through some of my previous works that are still to this day unreleased. We read through a few of the poems and he went "Damn, which one is this one?" I proceeded to tell him that it was a collection I wrote when I was like 15 and even reading it now it's still content that I would like others to see. A message I still want to get out there, and I will share it soon but this wasn't the right time.
Little girl Blue is a collection that I'm publishing right after completing it. It is a story that I wanted to share with the world about my current state of being and the reason it was so important for me to get this message out there now is because for the first time in what feels like my whole life; I am being honest with me about myself and what I like and how I live as well as how I've lived. I have reached that level as a creative where I find it important to have people hear ME speak.
 I will say that I've shown this collection the most love. The effort put in, from the editing, re-editing, paying someone to edit again and the removal of some poems to the removal of stanzas etc, showed how I understood the weight I had placed on the collection. Being that it was going to be the first collection people had to pay for to read and review and own. It had to be perfect. I did my best to make sure it would be as close to perfect as possible. And this is not to say that I didn't try for my other publications, I most certainly did. However Little Girl Blue is the second collection after 3002 Synonyms For Goodbye, that speaks largely of my own personal experiences with the topics I like to explore in my writing. Not speaking from the perspective of a creative trying to be relatable or to speak of issues arising and being faced by those around her, which are what my previous collections mostly consist of.

This is one is my voice screaming from behind the curtain. This is why it had to get out there. People were finally hearing me speak, not about everything else for a change, but about me. My love life, My relationship with my parents, my depression and anxiety, my God and my heartbreak. And that's why it's so important to me.

I think LGB is very raw, and despite my writing style that mostly personifies and represent everything in a metaphor, I believe it's one of those 'easy to understand the subject' collection. I am not telling a tale. There is no introductory poem, plot line and diffusing ending poem. It's random- like life is. Each experience I speak about is as it happened. As I felt it. As I saw it. And that's why I love it and hope that all my readers will enjoy it as much as I do.

Little Girl Blue Preview

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILY - A Poem

3002 Synonyms For Goodbye: The Love letter

Little Girl Blue: A Sad Poem