The sacrifice of a dream

As my dream of becoming a published author ebbs closer and closer, I'm finding increasingly difficult to balance my regular schedule with my writing.

Being a full time student and also a self published author is not all that the right of being called such promises. I've been having sleepless  nights for a long time chasing after both dreams of becoming a scientist and a poet. Each dream demands so much from me and I willing give myself 10 thousand times over. Does it hurt? Yes. But it's so worth it.

Today I wanted to get you thinking about what you are doing in your life. It doesn't have to be a grand well planned out life purpose. Even if you think about the things you plan to do today, this afternoon, tomorrow. Are you investing who you are in those plans. Are you sacrificing anything to make it happen?

And sacrifice is a word that gets such a bad rep. My philosophy is sacrificing doesn't have to always hurt, especially if you ensure that you understand the mission. This coming weekend I'm putting my words into practice and by putting purpose in everything I invest my time in. Purpose in every study session makes staying up less painful. Purpose in every blog post inspires me to write some more content.

In my book Little Girl Blue I explore a little of the sacrifices I've had to make to be a creative and a conversationalist are shaping me to one day be a healer. That's purpose and it keeps me going.

 To find your dream and chase after it with enough motivation to catch it, you have to be okay with the sacrifices that are required with each level up.






To read Little Girl Blue or any of my other works click here for more : My Books

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILY - A Poem

3002 Synonyms For Goodbye: The Love letter

Little Girl Blue: A Sad Poem