Let's Chat, I've missed you!

Hey There Loves welcome back!

I have been writing an awful lot lately and I believe in the next couple months to a year, I’ll be ready to release my next collection. I have spoken briefly about what the experience of quarantine has been like for me. I think that my next batch of poems will definitely dive into all the lessons I’ve learnt. Onto today’s topic…

I really do believe that as someone who’s struggled with depression, combined with a heavy anxiety in the last two years, that ceasing from running from myself has really been key for my growth.

There’s that word we hear all the time! What has growth meant to me? Like I mentioned earlier growth (A huge theme in my current WIP) has a lot to do with getting a hold of myself and not running. What that meant is recognizing when I feel something, accepting that I am feeling it. Learning why I am feeling it and allow the wave of emotion to pass through me and then finally release. A large portion of this has been tapping into my spirit and finding out what it needs to flourish. I am a very spiritual person so it made sense for me to turn to fixing this after I had tried to focus on my mind and body and that wasn’t cutting it. Something was always out of balance. Relearning my sense of spirituality, unlearning old ways of praying, communicating and identifying myself as an individual has begun freeing me from a lot of “earthly” expectations. It’s teaching me to love myself in a way that I had never been told to do so before and I am more than here for it!

Briefly, I’ve just started following my heart. Whatever makes my soul smile – I do that. It has helped immensely and the negative cloud of energy that was surrounding me for the last couple of years has lifted and become lighter. I feel different, I love different and I am different.  

For anyone wondering where I started with my ‘healing’ journey: I started with research. Find what works for you. Ask yourself where/when am I most happy? What am I doing in those times and who am I with? For me it was meditation and prayer.  Followed by Writing and singing and playing guitar then practicing affirmations (Even if you don’t believe what you are telling yourself in the beginning; it’s okay you will eventually.) I have been finding a few minutes a day to do at least one of these things just to feed my spirit. Mine is a wandering spirit, meaning I can be happy just about anywhere. The who – I am still trying to work that one out: I have so many friends. Haha. After researching on yourself, reading about the world you live in and what tools are available to you for a better existence. Also, stop giving a fuck what people think about you. Releasing people’s expectations and opinions has really been a challenge for me but every day I get better at it and I am all the happier for it.

The things I have been reading about and trying are a hit and miss. But all in all I say believe in yourself and trust the call that’s beckoning you to life.  

Later this week, I am going to talk about my experience with depression and Mental Health illness and its connection to my art.

In the meantime: You can check out my newest book Little Girl Blue available in the following stores:

Amazon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILY - A Poem

3002 Synonyms For Goodbye: The Love letter

Little Girl Blue: A Sad Poem