WE GOING TO YOUTUBE!!

YouTube – A new venture!


So the idea of starting a YouTube channel has been in my to do archives for a while. I needed to ensure that when I launch the channel I’d have an ideal niche that suits me and my message. I had to establish, as I did with starting this blog, that I had something valid to say and that I had a unique way of saying it as well. After sitting with myself and sometimes calling friends to run some of my most adventurous ideas past them: I finally decided to just go for it. So this is me officially announcing on the blog that I am now a YouTuber.

Similarly, the channel will work hand in hand with most of my publications, marketing my most precious works. However it might not explore the exact same topics in the same way. On most days the blog will be a day or two ahead of the channel (Which is to say exclusive content will be announced here first). This blog remains where I will mostly speak about my work and go deep into my many rantings as to why I thought something was important to write about. The channel serves as an attention call, not only to my work but to the work of the many other artists who inspire me and whose paths have crossed mine in the many creative ponds we find ourselves.

My hope is to put a spotlight on the work that goes into producing art in its many forms as well as continue to define myself as a creative and tell my story to as much detail as you, my audience, will allow me.  Though the channel will probably have me exploring a number of other ventures and trying numerous things, talking about numerous topics, there are three main segments that will be prominent.

1.       1. Poetry videos and short films: These will mostly be works written by me and very rarely but occasionally feature another writer’s work for which they will be credited.

2.       2. The second will work closely with this blog which is my Backstory segments that I do on this blog on MY poetry and stories. It is important to me as a writer to communicate my message as clearly as possible and though a story can mean whatever it means to the consumer; it is important to recognize that creatives have a message to communicate. It is one of the many reasons for creating. This message has to be heard and sometimes it shows up in things like where the story comes from, the inspiration, their hopes and how they, the creator, express it since different things represent different things to different people.

3.      3.  Backstory: Artist spotlight. I am most excited about this segment. It will be putting a spotlight on the creatives I have met, that inspire me and that I feel they have a powerful message to share. This will take the form of a short documentary/interview type of video where we can get to know some of my favourite creatives better and why they do the things they do.

It is my hope that the YouTube channel continues to bring Hope and communicate love and carry the mission of this blog to give poetry for the soul, stories for the mind and love for heart.


SUBSCRIBE TO YOUTUBE CHANNEL



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little Girl Blue: A Sad Poem

ILY - A Poem